Finding Lost Pensions

My old employer is no longer in business. How do I go about locating or finding that pension plan?

If you have a old pension plan and can not find your old employer contact the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation to begin finding your retirement money. Include your name, address, phone number, date of birth and social security number. You will also need to know about your old employer and have information available. Items needed to identify that employer is, name, location, Federal ID number, and plan number. Search your records for any plan documents and plan numbers to better locate the plan.


The Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation

Missing Participant Program

1200 k Street N.W.

Washington, DC 20005-4026


Pension Benefit Guaranty Coporation